Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2012

The Impasse of Others

For my final analysis paper for my ENG 112 class, I am going to most likely refer to two of my “go-to” community blogs. 
The first being renrexx.blogspot.com.  The moment I stumbled across this blog, I knew it was exactly where my blogs home belonged.  The blog talks about being a “survival guide to young adulthood” and offers personal accounts of the blogger on topics that affect the young adult community.  Problems from sex to relationships to simple pleasures such as phones are discussed.  The blog is very fun and engaging, and has plenty of posts to never appear dull or leave its readers with “Okay, and?”  Although the last post was posted about five months ago, I find pleasure in going back through the posts and finding real-time relations with what the author discusses.
The second blog is hipstercrite.com. As soon as I read the title, I knew it was for me.  With hipsters being closely related to funky, young, and lively; it was exactly where I wanted to be with my blog.  Based out of Austin, Texas, the author attracts its readers with problems that are experienced by all persons, and especially those in young adulthood.  The blog discusses health-stress/anxiety, fashion, pop culture, and many other problems/ topics of discussion concerning daily living. 
The set-up of either blog is quite intriguing and I think attributes to their growing members/followers. 
In my paper, I want to discuss how both blogs approach the topic of problems of being a young adult.  Where renrexx offers a survival guide and hipstercrite offers advice but in a way to let readers know there is nothing wrong with them.  In both cases the bloggers respond to their commenters and offer a sense of reality/ brings themselves to life.  I will discuss more in depth of the subject matters when the paper comes, but for now check out the blogs and get a better understanding of what and why I mean what I say.

1 comment:

  1. Great writing, great sources for your blogging community. "Hypstercrite" is a fabulous blog name, by the way.

    I am really interested in seeing more about your community!

    ReplyDelete