Total Pageviews

Monday, January 23, 2012

Insight into My Chaotic Imbroglio

The minds of young adults are one big mystery.  The transition between childhood and adulthood is a mental burden in itself.  I am one, and even I find it hard at times to fully understand why I do things the way I do, or even what makes me do them or think that way.  Through psychology we can all learn that one single brain is not identical to another.  With that being said my blog posts will be mostly based on my own personal experiences and others [young adults] that too find themselves in similar predicaments.  Not to say that any or all of my topics will be topics that only adolescents can face, there could be a forty year old that experiences similar dilemmas and that is unfortunately perfect!  I will discuss various topics such as: anxiety and its relation to school, work and other stress-related issues; sexuality; relationships-friend and family; and various other topics as such and all having the focal theme of young-adult impasses.  *Hence the title.  A little introduction of myself, would be I am an eighteen year old male, currently living at home, studying at a local community college, and sustaining a part-time job.  Don’t get me wrong there is not anything wrong with a community college, but graduating high school with over a 4.0 GPA and staying home mainly for the family’s sake, can cause a little bit of imbroglio in my head.  I am very much overweight and have family member(s) of who are sick- I will address more in detail, the topics I just mentioned in the very near future.  I am extraverted and musically oriented in a sense that I love music-but what person of the new generation doesn’t?  From a first glance, I am quite normal, lost in the crowd.  After a few moments however, it can easily be identified that I am far from that.  What is normal anymore, anyways?  Is anyone truly normal?  These things complicate my life even further, especially when I see that I do not fit the criteria of a normal eighteen year old male. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, Shawn, you hit the nail on the head. NO ONE is normal, as there is no "normal," is there? And I think that's a good thing!

    I am excited to see what you bring to this blog this spring. Don't feel like you have to apologize because you're starting off college in a way you didn't expect. Just think of the positives: you get to take cool classes (ha!), you get to save a ton of money, and you get to prioritize what you do now so that you can have those amazing college experiences when you know what you want/have more control. Trust me, if I had to do it all over again, I'd have started at a community college!

    ReplyDelete